So tonight was yum!
Yesterday the Boy made a great sausage stroganoff (I really had to bite my tongue when he kept disappearing off in the middle of it all though!).
I made Creamy Caper Chicken a la Jess:
- Chicken thighs (about 5 small ones)
- Lemon, herb & garlic seasoning - used to season the chicken
- Cayenne Pepper - used to season the chicken
- 1 tsp minced garlic (naughty me I didn't use real garlic)
- 1.5tbsp seeded mustard
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup white wine
- chicken stock cube
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- Butter (your choice)
- 2 tbsp well drained capers
- Cherry tomatoes (optional - I probably wouldn't add these last time & would go for sundried tomato)
- Cut chicken thighs into pieces and cover a plate with the seasoning + cayenne pepper. Mix the seasoning and chicken together (at this point I added more seasoning + CP, you could probably just mix in a freezer bag!).
- Melt butter in a large pan on high heat. When all melted add the chicken, brown it and turn down to mid-heat then cook until pretty much cooked through.
- Remove chicken to a plate and cover.
- Add wine to pan along with the minced garlic and mustard. Bring to boil and cover leave on mid-heat for about 5 minutes then add stock cube and boiling water.
- Add cream, bring to boil and then turn down to low (cover) and let simmer.
- Add chicken to sauce and heat chicken
- Voila ready to serve!