Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Birthdays & Babies

So Sunday night was my little sister's pre-birthday at Bonsai. It was so yummy (like always) and the cake tasted divine only Mum and I finished our huge slices it was gorgeous chocolate mousse (my favourite).



Monday was the real deal and our Dad who was up from down south came over and we had pavlova (Hubby's specialty) pizzas and garlic bread. Very, very yummy. We gave her another present (I should say re-gifted) gorgeous crystal martini glasses (I thought she'd realise they were a re-gift but she didn't HURRAH) along with some cash to put towards her laptop.
We also had a mini Christmas with Dad and he gave the boys shirts and we got 2 black elephants (the typical Thailand thing) and an awesome Temari ball.
Click on the picture to learn more about them
It's great the people are still remembering our wedding request and giving us Christmas decorations. It'll just make every Christmas that little bit more special!

Sunday night was also the night we sat down and discussed babies seriously. All that went out the window last night when I did some serious calculations and realised that we could only really try in March (and even then had to be careful) so that we avoid Hubby's exams and Mum's Antarctica trip. She keeps threatening us with death if we have a baby while she's away. I know she's probably as eager as me for us to have a child, if there is a baby or toddler at any event we're at I immediately know where to find her!

Poor Hubby got me being all grr and moody yesterday upon finding that out but today has been fantastic. He got his exams results and even scored a high distinction in one unit (GENIUS!) and he got an interview with a performance management company which is what he's really passionate about. I'm hoping that it all goes well because it would be perfect for him!

In other news our sister-in-law was in the hospital early this week and we all expected our niece to arrive 5 weeks early. She's gone back home now but I still think there will be another place at the Christmas table this year. Her first baby was 3 weeks early and tiny so hopefully the little girl decides to stay in there for a bit longer so she can grow up a bit and put on some more weight!

Tonight I'm off to book club, tomorrow night is the only night I get to relax with Hubby. Friday night we have a birthday party and Saturday I'm taking my best boyfriend and Hubby off to U2. Best boys night ever I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment