Friday, December 3, 2010

Mr & Mrs Merry Christmas

I think I've been so repressed with my sister banning Christmas until after her birthday (mid December) that I've gone a little over board with our first Christmas.

First came the tradition of buying each other a Christmas decoration...unfortunately I found Hubby's whilst he was there but at the same time we bought an awesome acorn to represent getting engaged in New York ;) He also accidentally let slip that his present to me was a tree topper because I wanted to buy a star.

I got let loose in a hideous Christmas decoration shop and went nuts. I've still got to hang stuff up around the house and I'd love to put lights along our balcony and I might just do that if I get a chance ;)

We also managed to get the majority of our shopping down in the space of 1.5 hours and along with some other random bits and pieces we've now only got about 4 presents to buy. That includes Mum, her boyfriend, his daughter, my Great Aunt and whoops...the Hubby!

I have no idea what to get him though, I'm tempted to buy him a Cockatiel but I'd want us to hand-rear one so that might have to be a purchase after Christmas thing. I've always had birds when I was little and now that we have 2 doves nesting on our balcony I really want want a bird. He's always wanted one too so yay!

And I will leave you all with a photo of our tree:

PS: We've moved into our new place as well and love it. Tomorrow I just have to make sure Hubby has cleaned our old place well enough and then we'll just cross our fingers someone rents it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment