Sunday, March 25, 2012

Month Four Letter (23


Dear Logan,

You started to reach for things on the 9th, you definitely hadn't mastered the art of it but we could tell you had an inkling of what you were doing! Now you don't stop, you still haven't gotten the concept of grasping but you love your wooden trumpet (that looks more like a mini recorder without the holes) that Grandma bought for you before you were born. It's definitely a potential choking hazard so you only get it when someone is watching you like a hawk.

Eating his rattle toy
Now that you can reach for things you're starting to enjoy your activity mat even more and you also love the musical toy at farmor's...these toys are a life saver because you can happily lay under them now instead of screaming at me when I put you there. Speaking of screaming you are still a very vocal and slightly difficult bubba but we're slowly learning your cues. When it gets to screaming down the house point it means we need to get you into bed pronto. Sometimes it means tummy problems as well and we all think you have gas/digestion issues my poor little man. You will slowly grow out of that though no I can't wait for the day when you get happier because you're more comfortable!




We have been dragging you from this home to that home at the moment and you seem to be ok with it. It definitely makes our lives easier having extra sets of hands to help out but you hate the car and it unfortunately means lots of long car trips back to 'our neck of the woods' where all your activities are set.

You've been chatting so much lately and on the 20th of March I swear I heard your first proper laugh but you haven't done it since. Instead you just do your weird little version which is so charming and makes everyone grin at or laugh you in response.


Rolling happens occasionally and you wound up rolling onto my foot the other day. Thankfully you were on the floor but at least my foot saved you from the wooden floor boards. You came close to rolling from your back to your front but it still hasn't happened yet, probably because it's more fun playing on your back so why would you want to flip over!

You had your 3/4 month check on March 1st and you loved naked tummy time and the squeaky elephant book the nurse had. You're still incredibly long but only in the 50th percentile for weight. No cause for concern though even though you eat insane amounts, you move so much that you burn most of it off. Leaving us with a gorgeously proportionate little man (I must admit though, I wouldn't be opposed to some cute chunky thighs). You also had your 4 month immunisations on the 15th and there were some tears but you were so happy the rest of the day. Unfortunately the following two days weren't so good and baby panadol was a life saver.

Sleeping habits are constantly changing, you're still doing amazing (especially considering all the different places I ask you to sleep - basinette, pram, picnic rug, portacot, bed). Sometimes we get to sleep through but most of the night you wake up around 2am and then if we're lucky not again until 6. If I don't wake you up to feed you before we go to bed then usually we're in for a bad night so it's only on the odd occasion that we risk it! Far as always is a lifesaver and gets you for me to feed and then changes you as well, we're very lucky. He also soothes you back to sleep when you have the odd grumble in the middle of the night.

Gymbaroo is still a bit hit and miss but we're persevering because as you get older I have an inkling you'll really enjoy it. Plus it's a nice place to escape to!

You seem to hate your bath now but you love getting in the shower with far or me and you enjoyed the big bath at Pop's. Speaking of which you survived a 6 hour + car ride down to Pop's. It was rough but worked well when I was sitting in the back with you. We wish you enjoyed the car more but hopefully I'll be writing how much you love it next month.

I am so lucky to have such a beautiful and funny little man (even if you are super fussy). I look forward to all the amazing moments we have to share.


All my love,
Mummy

1 comment:

  1. He's gorgeous as ever! I can see he is super long, going to be a tall strapping lad :)
    Sounds like his sleeps are going really well.. I think only waking up once or twice at his age is awesome!

    ReplyDelete