Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Blustery Day

 

I'm getting behind again...I keep reading other posts though with people now switching back to 'blogging for themselves' rather than chasing money and numbers so, I figure it's no biggie with my sporadic posting because I'm doing it for me. I've realise I do it because I like writing and because of the wonderful people I've 'met' along the way. So I won't ever disappear for forever but I don't think I could ever be a once a day poster (I'd love to be able to though).

Last week was horrible I missed everything with the cold, it got even worse on Wednesday so no boxing or Mum's Group for me. Thankfully I could hang out with my Mum and Step-Dad so I got a little bit of interaction. But this is a new week and I've done my first exercise class of the week and I'm definitely paying for it today my whole body is so stiff. Yesterday we had to do 30 pushups in a row 60 in total but they were spaced between squats and hip lifts = agony! I suck at pushups I've just never been able to get the hang of them, apparently I have an advantage because big boobs means my chest is already closer to the ground (um depressed Yay?!) but it sure didn't feel that way. But I always feel great afterwards so that's a big plus and I'm glad that I've signed up for a boxing class as well. Apparently the other mums didn't think Logan was too bad but I still hate taking him which I'll have to do whilst my Mum is holidaying in Europe.

In other news Logan is crawling up a storm and I've realised vacuuming needs to become more of a priority (damn it!). He's also very into pulling himself up and walking around the furniture. We've had quite a few tumbles and big whinges but I'm trying not to coddle him when it happens unless I can tell he really needs it.

I've also started him on a bottle of formula dream feed which Hubby gives him. I've tried the dream feed before but it never seemed to work and my cousin said I have to just keep going with it for at least a week but I think I'll aim for longer. Whilst I don't think the formula is helping him sleep longer it's nice that Hubby can take over a feed. My cousin told me her Husband gives their daughter a bottle (but of expressed milk - I'm over expressing so that won't be happening) so that she lessens the 'comfort' attraction of the feed and I am all for that. Last night was a bit of a miss though because he woke up a bit after 3am and then again at 520 - I knew that would happen he won't stay down long after his first wake up so it's always better if he wakes around 4 so that his next wake up is at/after 6 and we can do breakfast etc... But I'm crossing fingers and toes that this works. I think yesterday his day sleeps were very hit and miss too so that wouldn't have helped.

On Thursday he will be 9 months (which means adorable Abi will be 1 year old - how time has flown by Sammie!!!) and I can't believe how much he is constantly changing at this stage. I'm getting newborn withdrawals but definitely waiting until he's 2 before we consider trying for another one!

Anyway the Wolverine has awoken from his morning slumber so I must be off. I hope everyone enjoys the wintery weather (if they have it) and if it's sunny in your neck of the woods enjoy that too!

 

4 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better. I love when you post! I'm sure Logan and Eve are sleep twins. We still haven't had much success with sleep so I hope you go better than we have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm glad I'm still sort of going with what he demands I know not everyone recommends it but it makes it easy for me when I have to wake up to him. I still hold out hope that he's going to be great come 12 months old but I doubt it - especially if Eve isn't. But we just keep keeping on right ;) GO US!!!

      Delete
  2. I love your honesty "I'm over expressing" I totally get that point!!!
    I gave up after such a short amount of time.
    And yes only a few more days till that little monkey of mine turns ONE!!!
    If it makes you feel any better I have kind of sort of given up the blogging for a bit. Not officially, but I just don't have time!
    Although I'll make time for a few birthday posts!!!
    Abi has now slept through 7 nights in a row! But never like that before, so there's hope for Logan yet!
    xxx (PS: I owe you.... I'm getting to it, I promise)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abi you little gem!!! Give her a big birthday hug and smooch from Logan and I. (PS: wink, wink, nod, nod)

      Delete