Sunday, August 29, 2010

Spreadsheet

We've been talking more and more about the baby thing. Unfortunately for Hubby (and our finances) I had the ephiphany that we don't need to wait for him to finish university before we have a child. Obviously we need to get as close to him finishing as possible but we don't have to plan for a 2012 birth. I feel so relieved now because it's what I really want.

Finally I can be a Mom (well sooner than expected at least!), having that thought in my head is great as I head back to work. That place is doing my head in, I don't like having the power of giving someone a job and on the otherhand not giving someone a job :(

It was cute today, we always play the baby name game but today Hubby said we should start a list. I said I already had and instead of teasing me he suggested we start a spreadsheet...3 columns 1 for the name, 1 for my vote and 1 for his vote. I love my super nerdy Hubby!

2 comments:

  1. That's great news, I worked out the other day (in a spreadsheet) how much I need to save to cover maternity leave. Working out a budget really helps with the decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really good idea. I'm counting on the fact that we'll be able to get some centrelink payments otherwise we're screwed.

    My big thing is having the baby in between hubby finshing uni and starting work so he doesn't have to take leave. But babies arriving tend to have a mind of their own!

    ReplyDelete