Thursday, January 5, 2012

Update on Motherhod



Finally I can say I'm coping and enjoying it all!

Logan is getting himself into a semi-routine at night and the past two nights he's only woken up around 2-230am and then again at 6. In fact this morning I out slept him and yes, I'm aware I just completely jinxed it and he'll go back to 2/3 hourly wake ups.

Yesterday I finally got to go to my Mother's Group, it was lovely to catch up with such a nice group of ladies (we even have twins!) and two of the babies also share Logan's birthday and they're little piggies too. I'm so glad he's growing big and strong.

Logan still has his crying fits and our witching hour always starts when we want to eat/prepare dinner but people have been providing us with leftovers thankfully. The microwave is definitely my new best friend, I just wish I'd frozen more meals before Logan was born but we couldn't fit much more in our freezer!


Times have definitely changed if that above little grizzle face can make me smile. I just hope he starts to enjoy shopping instead of having crying fits every time we go out. But for now we keep taking each hour as it comes and enjoy each other more and more.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're getting there hun. How old is Logan now? So many Mum's i've spoken to say the first 6 or so weeks is the toughest.
    I'm trying to prepare myself for the worst, then everything else will be a bonus - Easy to say now with bub still warm and cozy inside.

    I hope your Mothers group is helpful for you, it must be nice to get out and about with them.

    Logan is adorable <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like everything is going really well. And I agree that the first few months is the toughest and it gets easier as we grow more confident too.

    Lily didn't stop crying (witching hour etc) until she was around 6 months. So before that shopping trips were very embarrassing but funny looking back. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are onto smoother sailing.. I feel that Motherhood is two steps forward one step back, but you are moving in the right direction, really happy to hear you are enjoyng things more.. Logan is adorbs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete