Sunday, February 13, 2011

Back Home

My Aunty's 70th was a blast but we were literally only there for a bit over 24 hours :( My sister and I were the only ones who had to work tomorrow so we jumped back in the car pretty quickly. I would have loved to stay the full Sunday and go back on Monday but it just didn't work.

It was a bit weird because it was the first time that I met Mum's half-brother and his little family. Mum always had an issue with him so I was never properly introduced to him and literally said nothing to him the whole time there because it was just plain weird! I should have attacked more adult about it but by the time I realised who he was it had gone past the point of no return. It was also really sad to hear that Mum's half-sister (the youngest of the bunch) was in rehab and her gorgeous little children (that we've met once) are in foster care. I couldn't believe that, it only happened two weeks ago but it's so sad, especially something close like that to your own family.

So lots of secrets were revealed but other than the above dark cloud it was a lovely weekend. Lots of little toddlers and 1 almost walking baby (who was only just born at our wedding the last time we saw him). I defintitely have baby fever and Hubby and I are both looking forward to being able to try again soon. Fingers crossed it's wham, bam, thank you mam (I think I'll be down if it doesn't happen but I'm not expecting it to just really really HOPING). 

I'll post photos of my gorgeous second cousins and the party but now it's off to bed to get a good night's sleep. I hate sleeping in dodgy 'chalet' beds especially tiny ones on wheels!

No comments:

Post a Comment