Monday, February 28, 2011

No MY Post

I get out of cooking tonight!!! And I got out of it last night because Hubby wanted mashed potatoes and I hate cooking them so I told him only if he cooked dinner. It's the small things in life that count right?

Tonight we're heading over to my Mum's house for tea. I was hoping it would just be us but somehow it has turned into game night and my Aunt and Uncle will be there too. I'll just have to suck it up, I probably should have added BE MORE SOCIAL to my list of resolutions because I'm always struggling with that.

Wednesday is Family Dinner night with the in-laws. Hubby is excited because he can use his scoopon voucher to buy a dessert. I just hope that everyone shows up (they have a habit of pulling out and we wind up being the ones with the biggest drive there who show up) especially because the smallest cake feeds 12 people! There's only 8 of us if we're all there (not including my niece who can't eat and my nephew who thinks all cakes are cookies!). I just wish my MiL would get over the idea of holding FD every single week because noone ever goes to all of them (except us!). Both Hubby and I are over putting in the effort and I wish she would've taken my numerous hints to change it to a Sunday brunch or something once a month. We usually still see the in-laws once a week (Hubby sees them almost every second day) so it really only is to catch up with the siblings. So fingers crossed it happens, I miss my niece and nephew :(

Then Thursday is a return to Bonsai for Dad's birthday. He's coming up and we're going to surprise him with a cake. Hopefully it tastes as good as the one we got my sister, this one will be a puffer fish so fingers crossed.

I don't know what the rest of the week will involve but we've got a long-weekend coming up and I can't wait!

1 comment: