Saturday, January 29, 2011

Incoming...

So a cyclone is heading our way - nothing too serious thankfully - but it brings with it a horrible heat wave, last check it was going to reach 38ºC (100.4ºF) and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes higher. Needless to say I am not looking forward to the electricity bill because we're having to abuse the airconditioners.

The annoying thing about the heat is that it's so beautiful outside and I'd love to take our dog for a walk but we'd all melt the second we step outside (especially him because he's a white fluffy thing). So we're in the process of figuring out what to do today that involves getting out and about avoiding the heat as much as possible. We've decided to head up to the inlaws for dinner and hopefully by then it will be cool enough to go for a swim (they don't have any shade over their pool & they've recently taken to keeping it heated yuck!).

I've been getting a little snap happy with my iphone as of late so below are a few photos from the past week. Including a balcony shot from today (oh how I wish I could sit out there today).

Lola who cost us a very expensive vet trip the other day. Now all she wants is cuddles.

Our balcony. Everyone was raving over it on Australia day (perfect view of the fireworks)

My little corner (for the moment at least, I couldn't imagine not using a laptop anymore)

A prettier photo of my tattoo

Loki aka the Biter - he got one of my 'nephews' this week...NOT GOOD!
So if you're in WA stay cool! If you're anywhere near snow please have a roll around it in for me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment