Saturday, January 1, 2011

1st Day of 2011

Today has been fantastic other than waking up way too early! After midnight we played more Guitar Hero (I was forced to be vocals & it was heavy metal...) and then watched some Avatar on an awesome projector HD screen. So that was a great start surrounded by great friends and then after that bed time. When we came home I went into cleaning mode and re-sorted our kitchen. I'm happier with it now because my Kitchen-Aid is easier to access and in turn hopefully easier to use. I'd love to start using it more especially when I see people blogging about theirs.

More recently we went and saw our gorgeous niece. We couldn't cuddle her but our SiL did roll her out of neonates so we could get a proper look at her. She looks exactly like her brother did except she's got really brown hair. Apparently it's slightly blonde on the ends but I couldn't tell but it's definitely dark and not at all ginger as first thought. Her dad's birthday is on Wednesday so they're hoping she'll be out of the hospital by then. She needs to breastfeed for 24 hours straight with nothing going wrong before they can move her up to be with my SiL and then hopefully home time! We also got to see our nephew he was just leaving from his visit and I managed to score a goodbye smooch as well YAY!

So back to what this post is about - New Years and New Starts. I've come up with a few easy and broad resolutions.
  1. Feel pretty every day and dress up a bit more.
  2. Get healthy! Use the cross-trainer we have in the garage!
  3. Catching up with my friends more
  4. Date nights with Hubby (at least once a month) 
I hope everyone else had a great 2010 and if not things can only get better from here for us all.

1 comment:

  1. great resolutions Jess, I especially like the first one.

    Hopefully your little neice will be out of hospital soon

    ReplyDelete