Saturday, May 14, 2011

Pregnant...Oh Yeah!

Today was meant to be cleaning day. I'm bringing my girlfriends over next weekend to see our house and I want it to look perfect. To look like our cute little home but sadly it only ever looks like that a couple of times a year (usually after a big clean). I'd also love to do one of those little virtual home tours but I still don't feel like everything is where it should/could be and I guess that will always be the case with me! I'm a procrastinator not a get it done person sadly and nothing is ever perfect :( My main annoyance (which would be easily solved by inviting my FiL over with a power drill) is that we don't have lots of picture hooks. We've got lots of screws but half the frames etc... don't fit over them so most of our pictures/photos are waiting for that.

But back to the title of this post - I haven't really felt pregnant until today. I decided that today once we woke up we'd get everything done and then hopefully have the rest of the late afternoon to relax and enjoy ourselves. Bubs had other ideas! We ran out of milk after I finished my breakfast (Hubby kindly let me have the last of the milk) and armed ourselves with our bags for the weekend food shop.

As soon as we walked in we headed straight to the meat section and that's when it started. I've already been turned off chicken but thought that I could handle beef or something similar. Nope, I think this baby wants me to be vegetarian. Even the thought of my beloved seafood made me feel gross. So we quickly hurried out of there (still grabbing some meat for Hubby, can't have him not getting his meat) and continued on. I still wasn't feeling quite right and by the time we were half way through that was it. I was having to stop and lean over the trolley and even half sit in the aisle. Thankfully I made it out of the store to sit on a bench but it was pretty scary! I wasn't worried about Pecan just that I wouldn't be able to make it to the chair and that once again I'd make an idiot of myself fainting in a supermarket (last time I did it I was a little kid and all these grannies came bustling around me). So the shop was cut a bit short and Hubby tucked me in on the couch with Bert (my kindle) then (and this is how awesome he is) he went down the road and got me salt and vinegar chips the one thing I felt I could stomach!

So cleaning has been cancelled and I'm really frustrated. We managed to sort out our horrendous pile of ironing in the washing/ironing room and get some things dusted. But still I/We need to vaccuum (possibly mop) and dust more. Hubby is going to clean up our backyard (courtyard) but we'll probably leave that until tomorrow.

So moral of this story I now feel pregnant and even though it was a horrible way to feel like that I'm glad I finally felt something! Oh & I should stop procrastinating sometimes you don't get that 'other' day to get everything done.

Now back to watching Game of Thrones (yes I am a fantasy geek).

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow you poor thing!

    I was vegetarian before I fell pregnant, but bub has other ideas. It wants meat. I found I started craving the horrendous McDonald's cheeseburgers to begin with. Now I'm will eat most meats, it's crazy!! Wondering what will happen when I finally have baby....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm.. I felt really repelled by meat as well.. especially the smell of cooking meat.. which was a problem as I was low in iron.. Found that once it was cooked it wasnt so bad, but the thought of it was very unappealing.
    I couldn't get enough of fruit.. was told that if you crave fruit and have meat aversion it means you are having a girl. which was true in my case! Vise versa for a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know I'm not the only one with weird aversions!

    I really think I'm having a boy but who knows. I'm so excited for the surprise but at the same time desperate to know. I'll feel really bad if a little girl pops out and I've been referring to her as he all this time :p

    ReplyDelete